Cliff’s Notes for April
Posted on April 13, 2014
Brethren and friends,
Here’s a bit of info on what transpired during our April Stated Meeting last April 10th as well as this month’s upcoming activities:
- BACON was definitely the word of the evening during our stated meeting. As expected, Brothers Aaron Wendel and Todd Dow delivered on the promise of having a great meal consisting of bacon-wrapped chicken breast, green beans and bacon, and garlic bread with bacon sprinkles. Did I mention that the butter was also infused with bacon? Too bad the peach cobbler dessert was untouched with anything porcine (rolls eyes).
- Three past masters were in attendance during the evening. It was great to see Worshipful Brothers KC Moon, Les Kralicek and Ray Table.
- Brothers from Enlightenment (WB Mike Bishop and BFC John Kent) were also in attendance.
- Our Brother Mike Shebora (our current Junior Warden) was unfortunately not in attendance due to an unexpected doctor’s visit. He’s doing better now, but I’m sure he’d appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
- Thanks to Brothers Bryan Tranel and Tim Kretchmer for filling in the SD and Chaplain seats respectively. Same goes to Brother Sam Aldrete.
- WB Kenton Wolfe of Wilsonville Lodge U.D. was also in attendance. He’s been looking forward to visiting our lodge for some time and we’ve honored him with a challenge coin as well as a pin to commemorate his visit.
- Last but not least, we’ve voted on two petitions! We’ll be doing an Entered Apprentice Degree soon, which brings me to…
…this month’s remaining activities
- April 15th: We’ll be having an EA Degree practice to prepare for Mr. Roy Ball’s degree.
- April 22nd: Entered Apprentice Degree for Mr. Roy Ball. Lodge opens at 7:00 PM, but please be at lodge by 6:30 PM.
- April 24th: Second Stated Meeting of the month. While we expect the Grand Master to sign off on our by-laws change before the 24th, it doesn’t hurt to prepare for it nonetheless. Otherwise, it’ll be a very short meeting followed by some fellowship.
If you want to participate in Mr. Ball’s degree, leave a comment below or contact me.
WB Dale Palileo, PM
Worshipful Master for 2014