David Crymer: Kenton’s Last Entered Apprentice for 2019
Posted on November 22, 2019
After having a very busy schedule these past two weeks, the brothers at Kenton 145 decided it was time for Mr. David Crymer to receive the Entered Apprentice Degree last night. The degree was headed by WB Joseph Piazza in what many members believe to be his last degree conferral as Worshipful Master of the lodge.
WB Piazza also delivered the Apron Lecture as well as the charge, while honored Brother Ian Cawley tickled the ivory keys throughout the evening. WB Dale Palileo sat as Senior Warden with honored Brother James “Ironblood” Elam rounding out the pillars.
There was also another notable “first” during the evening: Brother Kaid Collins sat as Treasurer pro-tempore during the opening and served as the chaplain for the first section.
The stewards’ roles were filled by the ever-capable duo of honored Brother Valan Primus and brother Manase Salema.
Among the visitors for the evening were:
- Brother Aaron Clark of Willamette Lodge no. 2
- Brother Bill Ponce of Gresham Lodge no. 152
- Brother Max Ehrlich of Culver City-Foshay Lodge no. 467 under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of California
- Brother Shaun Lasich of Omni Lodge no. 582 under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania
- RWB Tom Herres, official representative of the Grand Lodge of Illinois to the Grand Lodge of Oregon
And as a proper cap to the evening, BEA Doug Kirkbride gave a stellar rendition of the Entered Apprentice proficiency, much to the admiration of the brethren present.
The lodge now looks forward to WB Joseph Piazza’s final stated meeting in December, a Fellowcraft Degree that will feature honored Brother James “Ironblood” Elam sitting in the East and the installation of officers.